We’re making headway on the list of repairs and improvements that promise to make our lives more comfortable.
Here’s what we accomplished over the last couple of days:
- Pulled and repaired our fresh water tank.
- Installed an on-demand hot water system.
- Skirted the small trailer with foam board.
- Insulated water pipes under small trailer.
- Insulated inside small trailer.
- Put foam board insulation on the outer bottom of the slide-out of fifth wheel.
- Put bubble wrap on the windows of the pull-out on fifth wheel.
- Put leftover insulation on the floor of the basement of the fifth wheel.
- Picked up door insulating kits for both trailers. Will install today.
- Came up with an idea to secure the solar panels and picked up half the parts; forgot half the parts.
- Had a family skirmish about everyone taking this seriously.
- Finally found hot pads for the household. Still looking for a butter dish.
This could be a full time job.
The daily trip to the Do-It Center (our local hardware store) for insulation, tools, parts, and candy makes me wonder if we should just put up a tent in front and save some gas.
I sometimes wonder if I’m too obsessed with preparing for winter but then I remember last year and all doubts fade. We had frost on the inside of our trailer and the cat’s water dish froze (inside the trailer) and we didn’t have running water for months.
I think I’m being reasonable.
Thank you to our friends at the hardware store for helping us to improve our lives, bolt by bolt, screw by screw and candy bar by candy bar.
Together, we make a difference.